If you are looking for a diet food list, this may help you. Finding the right foods to eat when attempting to lose weight can be a journey filled with misinformation and not quite truthful facts.
That all said, there are many foods out there that will go along way toward weight loss. You just have to know what they are and how to include them into your everyday diet.
Diet Food Factors
The main factors when looking for diet foods is high protein, low sugar. Oh, and as natural as possible. Not all of these foods can be considered superfoods, but they will help to give you fuel without sabotaging your weight loss efforts.
Diet Food List That Works
- Lean Beef and Chicken Breast. These are packed with protein and will keep you full for longer. Eating high protein foods will help you burn a lot more calories.
- Salmon. This is another great weight loss diet food. Loading with tons of protein and healthy fats, omega-3 fatty acids and a lot of iodine. Iodine supports a healthy thyroid which keeps your metabolism function properly.
- Cruciferous Vegetables. Cauliflower, cabbage brussel sprouts, kale and broccoli fall into this area. These high fiber vegetables are very filling. They also contain a fair amount of protein. Not as much as meat and fish, but more than other vegetables.
- Beans and Legumes. Many of these can be very helpful with weight loss. High in fiber and protein, they will stick with you longer and give you more energy.
- Avocados. These superfood fruits are packed with healthy fats. Avocados also are a good source of potassium. Slice up and add to a salad for added nutrients.
- Nuts. Almonds are a great source of healthy fats and protein. Excellent ‘grab-n-go’ snacks, many studies have shown that they improve overall metabolic health.
- Chia Seeds. One of the most nutritious foods available, chia seeds are packed with fiber. They suppress appetite to help reduce hunger.
- Full Fat Yogurt. By helping to improve digestion, yogurt helps regulate leptin resistance. This is the hormone condition that leads to obesity. Make sure your yogurt isn’t packed with sugar though. Many brands use large amounts of sugar to improve the taste of yogurt.
- Cottage Cheese. Very high in protein, cottage cheese gives you a lot of calories with out a bunch of carbs. It will also give you much needed calcium.
- Eggs. Despite reports over the years of being high in cholesterol, eggs are great options for protein, healthy fats and low calories.
This diet food list is just a start, but there are literally hundreds of meals that can be prepared using just these 10 diet foods.
Losing weight is a journey that requires you to make changes. Including some of these diet foods in your meals will start you down a road to a healthier lifestyle and better habits.
If you are looking for a weight loss supplement that helps with diet and weight loss, take a look at my review of one that really works. ====> Forskolin Fuel Weight Loss Supplement Review <====